Requirements for signing your child up for this level:
• Has participated in a recent Parent & Child Class
• Toilet trained
• Able to listen and follow directions for 30 minutes
• Child will be okay without parent or guardian in the pool
• Able to hold onto wall for 30 minutes
This class provides children with their first pool experience without parental assistance in a safe, fun and positive learning environment. The primary objective of the Pre-School Class is to promote developmentally appropriate learning of fundamental water safety and aquatic skills. Instructors help children adapt to the pool and learn how to move independently through the water.
This level will help children gain greater independence in their skills, become more comfortable in and around the water, and start to gain basic swimming propulsive skills by: (with assistance moving towards independently)
• Enter water by safely using ladder
• Fully submerge and hold breath, retrieve submerged objects
• Front and back floats
• Front and back glides
• Tread water
• Swim on front and back using combination of arms and legs
• Water safety topics
Park on the west side (back of the school), enter Door 7.